Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu February 26, 2009
West Kentucky Projects Cleared for Funding
By Carrie Pond
Washington, D.C – A bill passed by the House would provide more than 360 million dollars in federal funds for projects in western Kentucky. U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield says he hopes the Omnibus Appropriations Act for 2009 will create new jobs and boost local economies. Included in the bill is funding for the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant, Livingston County Library and the Olmstead Lock and Dam, among others. The bill will now be considered by the Senate and, upon approval, sent to the President to be signed into law.