Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed April 2, 2014
West Kentucky Mentoring Launches 'Buddy Campaign'
West Kentucky Mentoring or WKM has launched its annual Buddy Campaign. Today on Sounds Good, we welcome back Executive Director Suzy Crook to learn more about it. West Kentucky Mentoring serves youth ages 5 to 18 by partnering caring adult mentors with kids in various sites such as schools, libraries and homes to provide at least one hour per week of personal time spent helping with homework, sports, talking about life, etc.
"We feel like, with mentors in the kids' lives, that that's what we're about. We're setting goals so that we can help children make good choices-that's the very bottom line."