Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed April 2, 2014
West Kentucky Mentoring Launches 'Buddy Campaign'
West Kentucky Mentoring or WKM has launched its annual Buddy Campaign. Today on Sounds Good, we welcome back Executive Director Suzy Crook to learn more about it. West Kentucky Mentoring serves youth ages 5 to 18 by partnering caring adult mentors with kids in various sites such as schools, libraries and homes to provide at least one hour per week of personal time spent helping with homework, sports, talking about life, etc.
"We feel like, with mentors in the kids' lives, that that's what we're about. We're setting goals so that we can help children make good choices-that's the very bottom line."