Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed April 2, 2014
West Kentucky Mentoring Launches 'Buddy Campaign'
West Kentucky Mentoring or WKM has launched its annual Buddy Campaign. Today on Sounds Good, we welcome back Executive Director Suzy Crook to learn more about it. West Kentucky Mentoring serves youth ages 5 to 18 by partnering caring adult mentors with kids in various sites such as schools, libraries and homes to provide at least one hour per week of personal time spent helping with homework, sports, talking about life, etc.
"We feel like, with mentors in the kids' lives, that that's what we're about. We're setting goals so that we can help children make good choices-that's the very bottom line."