Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed April 2, 2014
West Kentucky Mentoring Launches 'Buddy Campaign'
West Kentucky Mentoring or WKM has launched its annual Buddy Campaign. Today on Sounds Good, we welcome back Executive Director Suzy Crook to learn more about it. West Kentucky Mentoring serves youth ages 5 to 18 by partnering caring adult mentors with kids in various sites such as schools, libraries and homes to provide at least one hour per week of personal time spent helping with homework, sports, talking about life, etc.
"We feel like, with mentors in the kids' lives, that that's what we're about. We're setting goals so that we can help children make good choices-that's the very bottom line."