Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 20, 2014
West Kentucky Botanical Garden Hosts Daylily Hybridizing Event
Saturday Morning Western Kentucky Botanical Garden in Owensboro hosts Magnolia, Kentucky's Wonderland of Daylilies' Herbie & Gale Phelps lecturing on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing" and we learn more about the presentation and a daylily auction with Susie Tyler.
Hybridizing daylilies was introduced to western Kentucky by the daughter of Nellie Rarick who moved to Owensboro with her mother's craft. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is now host to over 500 different registered varieties of daylily, having been the recipient of numerous collections enhancing the what had already been established in Owensboro.
This Saturday is the 6th Annual Nellie Rarick lecture, featuring experts from the Louisville area, members of the Rarick family and a daylily auction.
Saturday, August 23 2014
11:30am - 1:00pm
Lunch is served. General rate is $12 per guest, discount with membership.