Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed August 20, 2014
West Kentucky Botanical Garden Hosts Daylily Hybridizing Event
Saturday Morning Western Kentucky Botanical Garden in Owensboro hosts Magnolia, Kentucky's Wonderland of Daylilies' Herbie & Gale Phelps lecturing on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing" and we learn more about the presentation and a daylily auction with Susie Tyler.
Hybridizing daylilies was introduced to western Kentucky by the daughter of Nellie Rarick who moved to Owensboro with her mother's craft. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is now host to over 500 different registered varieties of daylily, having been the recipient of numerous collections enhancing the what had already been established in Owensboro.
This Saturday is the 6th Annual Nellie Rarick lecture, featuring experts from the Louisville area, members of the Rarick family and a daylily auction.
Saturday, August 23 2014
11:30am - 1:00pm
Lunch is served. General rate is $12 per guest, discount with membership.