Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 20, 2014
West Kentucky Botanical Garden Hosts Daylily Hybridizing Event
Saturday Morning Western Kentucky Botanical Garden in Owensboro hosts Magnolia, Kentucky's Wonderland of Daylilies' Herbie & Gale Phelps lecturing on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing" and we learn more about the presentation and a daylily auction with Susie Tyler.
Hybridizing daylilies was introduced to western Kentucky by the daughter of Nellie Rarick who moved to Owensboro with her mother's craft. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is now host to over 500 different registered varieties of daylily, having been the recipient of numerous collections enhancing the what had already been established in Owensboro.
This Saturday is the 6th Annual Nellie Rarick lecture, featuring experts from the Louisville area, members of the Rarick family and a daylily auction.
Saturday, August 23 2014
11:30am - 1:00pm
Lunch is served. General rate is $12 per guest, discount with membership.