Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
Wed August 20, 2014
West Kentucky Botanical Garden Hosts Daylily Hybridizing Event
Saturday Morning Western Kentucky Botanical Garden in Owensboro hosts Magnolia, Kentucky's Wonderland of Daylilies' Herbie & Gale Phelps lecturing on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing" and we learn more about the presentation and a daylily auction with Susie Tyler.
Hybridizing daylilies was introduced to western Kentucky by the daughter of Nellie Rarick who moved to Owensboro with her mother's craft. The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden is now host to over 500 different registered varieties of daylily, having been the recipient of numerous collections enhancing the what had already been established in Owensboro.
This Saturday is the 6th Annual Nellie Rarick lecture, featuring experts from the Louisville area, members of the Rarick family and a daylily auction.
Saturday, August 23 2014
11:30am - 1:00pm
Lunch is served. General rate is $12 per guest, discount with membership.