Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue March 20, 2007
Wenstrup on Abu Ghraib
By Sara Wittmeyer
Murray, KY – It's now closed, but Abu Ghraib prison was notorious for torture, abuse and murder under Saddam Hussein's regime. It was taken over in 2004 and turned into a US military prison, but the suffering didn't end. An Army internal investigation revealed detainee abuse at the hands of American soldiers. Army physician Major Brad Wenstrup was Chief of Surgery while stationed at the now infamous prison shortly after the story broke. Kentucky Public Radio's Sara Wittmeyer has his story.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his story.