Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue March 20, 2007
Wenstrup on Abu Ghraib
By Sara Wittmeyer
Murray, KY – It's now closed, but Abu Ghraib prison was notorious for torture, abuse and murder under Saddam Hussein's regime. It was taken over in 2004 and turned into a US military prison, but the suffering didn't end. An Army internal investigation revealed detainee abuse at the hands of American soldiers. Army physician Major Brad Wenstrup was Chief of Surgery while stationed at the now infamous prison shortly after the story broke. Kentucky Public Radio's Sara Wittmeyer has his story.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his story.