Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 20, 2007
Wenstrup on Abu Ghraib
By Sara Wittmeyer
Murray, KY – It's now closed, but Abu Ghraib prison was notorious for torture, abuse and murder under Saddam Hussein's regime. It was taken over in 2004 and turned into a US military prison, but the suffering didn't end. An Army internal investigation revealed detainee abuse at the hands of American soldiers. Army physician Major Brad Wenstrup was Chief of Surgery while stationed at the now infamous prison shortly after the story broke. Kentucky Public Radio's Sara Wittmeyer has his story.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his story.