Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue March 20, 2007
Wenstrup on Abu Ghraib
By Sara Wittmeyer
Murray, KY – It's now closed, but Abu Ghraib prison was notorious for torture, abuse and murder under Saddam Hussein's regime. It was taken over in 2004 and turned into a US military prison, but the suffering didn't end. An Army internal investigation revealed detainee abuse at the hands of American soldiers. Army physician Major Brad Wenstrup was Chief of Surgery while stationed at the now infamous prison shortly after the story broke. Kentucky Public Radio's Sara Wittmeyer has his story.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his story.