Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 20, 2007
Wenstrup on Abu Ghraib
By Sara Wittmeyer
Murray, KY – It's now closed, but Abu Ghraib prison was notorious for torture, abuse and murder under Saddam Hussein's regime. It was taken over in 2004 and turned into a US military prison, but the suffering didn't end. An Army internal investigation revealed detainee abuse at the hands of American soldiers. Army physician Major Brad Wenstrup was Chief of Surgery while stationed at the now infamous prison shortly after the story broke. Kentucky Public Radio's Sara Wittmeyer has his story.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his story.