Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Thu April 26, 2012
Welfare Drug Testing Passes Tennessee Senate
A measure requiring Tennessee welfare recipients to go through drug testing passed the state Senate yesterday. The legislation requires new welfare applicants to undergo a special screening process. If suspicion is raised after the screening, the applicant would be drug tested. The proposal differs from an original version that would have required blanket testing, which Attorney General Robert Cooper Jr. says is unconstitutional. The companion bill is awaiting a vote in the House Finance Committee.