Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Fri December 7, 2012
Weekend/Night Work to Restart on US 45
A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to resume lane restrictions for northbound traffic along US 45/Lone Oak Road near Interstate 24 Exit 7 in McCracken County for weekend and night work starting at 8 p.m.
This northbound lane restriction is for ongoing work to extend the high-strength concrete road surface along US 45/Lone Oak Road near the I-24 Exit 7 Interchange.
Starting at 8:00 p.m., CST, on Friday and continuing around the clock through the weekend, the contractor will move all northbound US 45 traffic to the left-hand or passing lane to facilitate this concrete work near the 8 mile marker. This lane restriction and traffic shift will start around the Nolan Drive intersection with US 45/Lone Oak Road and extend northward to the Kennedy Road intersection at the entrance to Lourdes Hospital.
Work this weekend may include some traffic shifts for westbound I-24 traffic taking the Exit 7 ramp to US 45 and US 62.
Motorists should slow down and use a high level of caution in this work zone. Motorists should be alert for equipment, flaggers, and construction personnel on the roadway in close proximity to traffic flow. Motorists should be on the lookout for trucks hauling materials to and from this work site.
Work at this site should be completed and the work zone removed by 6:00 a.m., CST, on Monday morning.