Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 27, 2009
Weekend Boating Accidents Claim Three
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Three people died in two separate weekend boating accidents at Land Between the Lakes. Two men died in Kentucky Lake Saturday after their boat capsized around 5 PM. Searchers found the bodies of 66-year-old Albert Springer of New Concord, KY and 60-year-old Jerry Wallace of McKenzie, Tennessee late Saturday night. Wallace's son-in-law, Lucas Simms, survived the accident. A separate accident on nearby Lake Barkley in Lyon County killed an Illinois man. A state Fish and Wildlife official says earlier Saturday, 69-year-old Donald Smith of Brookport, was thrown from his bass boat and became tangled in an anchor line while his boat sped in circles. Ronnie Kaiser of Vine Grove, KY, was injured trying to stop the boat and was taken to Lourdes Hospital for treatment.