Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri February 7, 2014
This week in KY's General Assembly with KPR's Jonathan Meador
The 2014 session of the Kentucky General Assembly continues in Frankfort, and Todd Hatton speaks with Kentucky Public Radio Capitol Bureau Reporter Jonathan Meador about what lawmakers have been working on this week.
Hear about Governor Beshear's plan for tax reform and whyRepublican House Floor Leader Jeff Hoover wants tax reform negotiations held behind closed doors.
The House passed Speaker Stumbo's minimum wage bill this week to gradually increase minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10. Hear about the bill's chances in the senate. The Senate passed a controversial bill to require a constitutional amendment to strip the Governor of powers to implement regulations. The Senate is also considering a bill to allow people under domestic violence protections emergency access to carry a concealed weapon.