Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri February 7, 2014
This week in KY's General Assembly with KPR's Jonathan Meador
The 2014 session of the Kentucky General Assembly continues in Frankfort, and Todd Hatton speaks with Kentucky Public Radio Capitol Bureau Reporter Jonathan Meador about what lawmakers have been working on this week.
Hear about Governor Beshear's plan for tax reform and whyRepublican House Floor Leader Jeff Hoover wants tax reform negotiations held behind closed doors.
The House passed Speaker Stumbo's minimum wage bill this week to gradually increase minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10. Hear about the bill's chances in the senate. The Senate passed a controversial bill to require a constitutional amendment to strip the Governor of powers to implement regulations. The Senate is also considering a bill to allow people under domestic violence protections emergency access to carry a concealed weapon.