Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed May 9, 2012
Webb-Edgington Gets Support of Anti-Abortion Group
Republican congressional candidate Alecia Webb-Edgington has been endorsed by the political arm of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List in Kentucky's 4th District primary. Such endorsements matter in the conservative district where seven Republicans are vying for the nomination in the May 22nd primary.
Another anti-abortion group, Kentucky Right to Life, previously endorsed one of Webb-Edgington's opponents, Gary Moore. Webb-Edgington and Moore are considered frontrunners for the GOP primary, along with Lewis County Judge Exectutive Thomas Massie. Two democrats are also running for the hotly contested seat being vacated by retiring longtime lawmaker Geoff Davis.