Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 9, 2012
Webb-Edgington Gets Support of Anti-Abortion Group
Republican congressional candidate Alecia Webb-Edgington has been endorsed by the political arm of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List in Kentucky's 4th District primary. Such endorsements matter in the conservative district where seven Republicans are vying for the nomination in the May 22nd primary.
Another anti-abortion group, Kentucky Right to Life, previously endorsed one of Webb-Edgington's opponents, Gary Moore. Webb-Edgington and Moore are considered frontrunners for the GOP primary, along with Lewis County Judge Exectutive Thomas Massie. Two democrats are also running for the hotly contested seat being vacated by retiring longtime lawmaker Geoff Davis.