Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed May 9, 2012
Webb-Edgington Gets Support of Anti-Abortion Group
Republican congressional candidate Alecia Webb-Edgington has been endorsed by the political arm of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List in Kentucky's 4th District primary. Such endorsements matter in the conservative district where seven Republicans are vying for the nomination in the May 22nd primary.
Another anti-abortion group, Kentucky Right to Life, previously endorsed one of Webb-Edgington's opponents, Gary Moore. Webb-Edgington and Moore are considered frontrunners for the GOP primary, along with Lewis County Judge Exectutive Thomas Massie. Two democrats are also running for the hotly contested seat being vacated by retiring longtime lawmaker Geoff Davis.