Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri July 6, 2012
Weather Advisory Extended
An excessive heat warning for the region has been extended yet again, and is now in effect until 7 pm Saturday.
The highest afternoon heat index values will range from 100 to 105 degrees. The National Weather Service says the danger of heat related illness is especially high due to the longevity of the current heat wave. The warning is in effect for all Western Kentucky, Southern Illinois and Northwest Tennessee counties.