Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 9, 2013
Watson & Robinson Collection Offers Glimpse into African-American History in Hopkinsville
Kate Lochte speaks with Louise Jones of the Kentucky Historical Society about the Watson & Robinson Families Collection on exhibit at the Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library. The collection features 27 handwritten letters detailing family history information and offers a glimpse into the history of African-American communities in Hopkinsville. A free community event, made possible by the Kentucky Historical Society and the African American Genealogy Group of Kentucky, will be held July 20 at the library. Sessions include open-sharing sessions about the letters, and a special panel discussion on researching African-American roots. For more information, contact the KHS Reference Desk at 502-564-1792, extension 4460, or email KHSrefdesk@ky.gov.