Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue July 17, 2007
Water Quality Researcher
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – The group Public Outcry presents a program in Murray this week that calls attention to environmental effects of mountaintop removal mining in Eastern Kentucky. We asked a biologist working with water quality research to explain how this impacts our western waterways. Kate Lochte has more with Dr. David White who coordinates the Center for Excellence in Reservoir Research at Murray State's Hancock Biological Station.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with White. There are other entities in our region whose work either concentrates on or involves water quality issues. Learn more by googling Kentucky watershed watch, Kentucky Waterways Alliance and the Jackson Purchase Foundation.