Most Active Stories
- Logging Expert: Wickliffe Paper Mill Closure a $600M Hit to State Economy
- Chris Thile Plays Benefit Concert at Murray State
- Kate Lochte Retires from WKMS-FM
- NASA's International Space Station Will Be Visible Tonight
- MSU President Bob Davies Talks Leadership Changes and New Construction at Murray State University
Tue July 17, 2007
Water Quality Researcher
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – The group Public Outcry presents a program in Murray this week that calls attention to environmental effects of mountaintop removal mining in Eastern Kentucky. We asked a biologist working with water quality research to explain how this impacts our western waterways. Kate Lochte has more with Dr. David White who coordinates the Center for Excellence in Reservoir Research at Murray State's Hancock Biological Station.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with White. There are other entities in our region whose work either concentrates on or involves water quality issues. Learn more by googling Kentucky watershed watch, Kentucky Waterways Alliance and the Jackson Purchase Foundation.