Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue July 17, 2007
Water Quality Researcher
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – The group Public Outcry presents a program in Murray this week that calls attention to environmental effects of mountaintop removal mining in Eastern Kentucky. We asked a biologist working with water quality research to explain how this impacts our western waterways. Kate Lochte has more with Dr. David White who coordinates the Center for Excellence in Reservoir Research at Murray State's Hancock Biological Station.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with White. There are other entities in our region whose work either concentrates on or involves water quality issues. Learn more by googling Kentucky watershed watch, Kentucky Waterways Alliance and the Jackson Purchase Foundation.