Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed May 6, 2009
Water district receives funds for renovation
By Casey Northcutt
Cadiz, KY – The U.S. Department of Agriculture will loan the Lake Barkley Water District $1.4 million to fund its renovation. Water District Manager Terry Goins says the department will also provide $455 thousand in grant money to help pay for improvements that include a new water main. Lake Barkley Water District serves approximately 5,000 customers in Trigg County, and Goins says plant officials have been planning this project for six years. The complete renovation will cost $8.5 million and could double the treatment facility's water capacity. The water district hopes to bid the project this summer. Work should be completed in about a year.