Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 6, 2009
Water district receives funds for renovation
By Casey Northcutt
Cadiz, KY – The U.S. Department of Agriculture will loan the Lake Barkley Water District $1.4 million to fund its renovation. Water District Manager Terry Goins says the department will also provide $455 thousand in grant money to help pay for improvements that include a new water main. Lake Barkley Water District serves approximately 5,000 customers in Trigg County, and Goins says plant officials have been planning this project for six years. The complete renovation will cost $8.5 million and could double the treatment facility's water capacity. The water district hopes to bid the project this summer. Work should be completed in about a year.