Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 9, 2009
Watch Out for Windy Weather
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – A National Weather Service Wind Advisory is in effect until three this afternoon. Calloway County Emergency Management Director Bill Call says no damage has been reported in the area, but 40 mile per hour winds were reported this morning. Weather officials warn wind speeds may average between 20-35 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 45. The strong winds can damage small trees and pose a threat to motorists.