Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed October 21, 2009
Wastewater System in Mayfield Gets Update
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – Mayfield City officials expect to implement a nearly one million dollar grant to update their wastewater system early next year. Mayfield Electric and Water General Superintendent Marty Ivey says the project will update eight-thousand feet of pipes and manholes. Ivey says this will reduce contamination in the system from storm water drain-off. Funding comes from a federal stimulus grant. Ivey says the work will create temporary construction jobs and result in a more efficient system.