Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu December 6, 2012
Waste Tire Projects Can Seek Funding
Projects using recycled waste tires in places like athletic fields and playgrounds could be eligible for an Energy and Environment Cabinet grant. The funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund that the General Assembly established in 1998 to receive fees collected from new tire sales.
The cabinet is considering funding research and development proposals for experiments that protect health, safety and the environment and develop a market for Kentucky waste tires.