Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu December 6, 2012
Waste Tire Projects Can Seek Funding
Projects using recycled waste tires in places like athletic fields and playgrounds could be eligible for an Energy and Environment Cabinet grant. The funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund that the General Assembly established in 1998 to receive fees collected from new tire sales.
The cabinet is considering funding research and development proposals for experiments that protect health, safety and the environment and develop a market for Kentucky waste tires.