Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu December 6, 2012
Waste Tire Projects Can Seek Funding
Projects using recycled waste tires in places like athletic fields and playgrounds could be eligible for an Energy and Environment Cabinet grant. The funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund that the General Assembly established in 1998 to receive fees collected from new tire sales.
The cabinet is considering funding research and development proposals for experiments that protect health, safety and the environment and develop a market for Kentucky waste tires.