Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 6, 2012
Waste Tire Projects Can Seek Funding
Projects using recycled waste tires in places like athletic fields and playgrounds could be eligible for an Energy and Environment Cabinet grant. The funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund that the General Assembly established in 1998 to receive fees collected from new tire sales.
The cabinet is considering funding research and development proposals for experiments that protect health, safety and the environment and develop a market for Kentucky waste tires.