Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu December 6, 2012
Waste Tire Projects Can Seek Funding
Projects using recycled waste tires in places like athletic fields and playgrounds could be eligible for an Energy and Environment Cabinet grant. The funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund that the General Assembly established in 1998 to receive fees collected from new tire sales.
The cabinet is considering funding research and development proposals for experiments that protect health, safety and the environment and develop a market for Kentucky waste tires.