Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue October 22, 2013
"The War of the Worlds" Broadcast on WKMS
The lower town dramatists presented "The War of the Worlds" as their inaugural production on Saturday, October 26 at Etcetera Coffeehouse in Paducah.
This performance will be broadcast on WKMS at 1 pm, right after Sounds Good on Halloween and again in place of The World Cafe that evening, along with a documentary about the original broadcast hosted by George Takei. Hear the documentary, "War of the Welles" at 7 pm, and the "War of the Worlds" lower town dramatists performance at 8 pm.
Performers include Tom Dolan, Todd Hatton, Joe and Sally Mahoney, Steve Schwetman, Jody Smith, and Charles Walker. Mark Edwards and Steve Schwetman also provide sound effects. This year is the 75th anniversary of the infamous Orson Welles broadcast.