Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 13, 2012
Walker Pleads Not Guilty in Tampering Case
The man a jury found not guilty less than a month ago of setting a fatal 1998 Murray State Dorm Fire pled not-guilty in a Calloway county court this morning on related charges of tampering with evidence. Jerry Wayne Walker, Jr. had first been tried in the arson case in 2001. That trial ended in a hung jury. This year Walker was acquitted on lesser charges, but he now faces six counts of evidence tampering if found guilty Walker could face up to five years in prison. A September 6th hearing is scheduled for the court to decide on a defense motion to dismiss the case.