Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 13, 2012
Walker Pleads Not Guilty in Tampering Case
The man a jury found not guilty less than a month ago of setting a fatal 1998 Murray State Dorm Fire pled not-guilty in a Calloway county court this morning on related charges of tampering with evidence. Jerry Wayne Walker, Jr. had first been tried in the arson case in 2001. That trial ended in a hung jury. This year Walker was acquitted on lesser charges, but he now faces six counts of evidence tampering if found guilty Walker could face up to five years in prison. A September 6th hearing is scheduled for the court to decide on a defense motion to dismiss the case.