Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Hester Hall Fire
Wed October 26, 2011
Walker Moved to District Home Office
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – School officials have reassigned Paducah Middle School Assistant Principal Jerry Wayne Walker over criminal charges stemming from a 1998 Murray State University dorm fire. The Paducah Sun reports Superintendent Randy Green moved Walker to the school district's home office. Walker is charged with arson, manslaughter and assault in connection with the fire that took the life of MSU student Michael Minger. Walker was released following an earlier trial in which the jury could not reach a consensus. Green says the change doesn't reflect any beliefs on the district's part. He says community support for Walker has far outweighed criticism.