Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 20, 2013
Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
McCracken County Superintendent Nancy Waldrop says she will not accept another contract with the district.
In an email yesterday Waldrop said during her time at McCracken County schools she has been able to keep a successful district with decreasing funds and no new taxes.
Recently Waldrop was ordered to undergo disciplinary training by the Office of Education Accountability after confirmed allegations of misconduct. But there is no mention of any connection between her retirement and allegations.
Waldrop says she is looking forward to more time with her church and for volunteering with children in the county.
She was the county’s assistant superintendent for nine years before taking her current position.