Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue January 19, 2010
Wal-Mart Drops FLW
By Chris Taylor
Benton, KY – Wal-Mart is no longer sponsoring Benton-based FLW Outdoors' tournament bass fishing competitions. The retail giant has been the outfits' title sponsor for years, but has declined to come on board this season. FLW has recruited some new sponsors this year, including Goodwill Industries and Rapala. It has also made changes to its upcoming tournament schedules and lowered some entry fees to make it easier to compete. Local pro angler Dan Morehead tells the Paducah Sun the economic recession has made it more difficult to fish for a living. With reduced sponsorships across the board, some nationally established touring pros are reportedly dropping out this year.