Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu August 30, 2012
W. Ky. Red Cross Chapters Deploy Help to Hurricane Isaac Victims
Western Kentucky Red Cross chapters have deployed seven volunteers to help with Hurricane Isaac Storm clean up. Paducah Area Red Cross Director Jessica Toren says the volunteers from four chapters have deployed to locations in Florida, Texas, Alabama and Louisiana, and more volunteers are on standby.
Mid-West Kentucky Red Cross representative Amy Plock says their volunteers are on standby because of the overwhelming number of volunteers nationally. She adds they may be needed locally to respond to the remnants of the storm system expected to hit our region over the weekend. The Red Cross has also established the website safe-and-well-dot-org for those wanting to check on the status of storm victims.