Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu August 30, 2012
W. Ky. Red Cross Chapters Deploy Help to Hurricane Isaac Victims
Western Kentucky Red Cross chapters have deployed seven volunteers to help with Hurricane Isaac Storm clean up. Paducah Area Red Cross Director Jessica Toren says the volunteers from four chapters have deployed to locations in Florida, Texas, Alabama and Louisiana, and more volunteers are on standby.
Mid-West Kentucky Red Cross representative Amy Plock says their volunteers are on standby because of the overwhelming number of volunteers nationally. She adds they may be needed locally to respond to the remnants of the storm system expected to hit our region over the weekend. The Red Cross has also established the website safe-and-well-dot-org for those wanting to check on the status of storm victims.