Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue November 26, 2013
Voters Confused About Who Can Cast Ballots in District 7 Special Election
Some Kentucky voters don't know if they can vote in the upcoming special election to replace 7th district State Rep. John Arnold because of new district boundaries.
Arnold, a democrat, stepped down amidst sexual harassment allegations. The boundary confusion stems from redistricting during which Daviess County Clerk’s Office drew new borders in 17 of the 20 local precincts and sent out cards to the affected voters. But Owensboro Chamber of Commerce President Amy Jackson says many are still confused about who can vote in the Dec. 10 special election. Republican Suzanne Mills and Democrat Kim Humphrey are running for Sturgis’s vacated seat