Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon October 10, 2011
Voter registration deadline approaching
By Brenna Angel
Lexington, KY – If you want to cast a ballot in the upcoming general election, the deadline to register is just hours away.
Tuesday, October 11th is the deadline to register to vote for the November 8th election. Eligible Kentuckians must have their current address on file with the county clerk by close of business.
Secretary of State Elaine Walker will have a better prediction of voter turnout once her office starts tallying absentee ballots, but she says the figure will be low.
"I think that people are disenchanted with the election process. I think that they're tired of negative campaigning and yet we see these ads going up constantly attacking one another."
Seven statewide offices are on the ballot this year. Kentucky has more than 2.9 million registered voters, but only 10.4 percent turned out to the polls for the May primary.