Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
Fri March 9, 2007
Von Freeman and the Definition of Celebrity
By Dr. Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Earl Lavon Freeman, one of Chicago's most influential Jazz elders, has been playing tenor saxophone since the 1930s. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about why Von Freeman defines the meaning of celebrity.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Dr. Clardy's commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.