Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
New Obion County Animal Shelter
Thu February 23, 2012
Volunteer Group Discusses Obion County Animal Shelter
A group of Union City voluneers met with Tennessee animal rights activists this week to discuss the establishment of a new animal shelter to serve Obion County. The group, which currently has no formal name or officers, is working closely with Native Way Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals on designs for a shelter in the Troy area. The current design is modeled after a Hopksinville, Kentucky shelter. Animal rights activist Josh Pool says the group will make a final decision on design and the cost of the project when the group meets again in March.