Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed February 26, 2014
Volesky Promoted to Take McConville’s Position at Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense has named Brig. Gen. Gary Volesky as Fort Campbell’s new commanding general.
Volesky is being promoted to major general and currently serves as the public affairs chief for the Army in Washington, D.C.
Fort Campbell spokesperson Bob Jenkins says Volesky will relieve current commander Army Maj. Gen. James McConville, on a date to be determined. McConville is leaving to serve as lieutenant general and deputy chief of staff in Washington, which was announced last week.