Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed February 26, 2014
Volesky Promoted to Take McConville’s Position at Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense has named Brig. Gen. Gary Volesky as Fort Campbell’s new commanding general.
Volesky is being promoted to major general and currently serves as the public affairs chief for the Army in Washington, D.C.
Fort Campbell spokesperson Bob Jenkins says Volesky will relieve current commander Army Maj. Gen. James McConville, on a date to be determined. McConville is leaving to serve as lieutenant general and deputy chief of staff in Washington, which was announced last week.