Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 26, 2014
Volesky Promoted to Take McConville’s Position at Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense has named Brig. Gen. Gary Volesky as Fort Campbell’s new commanding general.
Volesky is being promoted to major general and currently serves as the public affairs chief for the Army in Washington, D.C.
Fort Campbell spokesperson Bob Jenkins says Volesky will relieve current commander Army Maj. Gen. James McConville, on a date to be determined. McConville is leaving to serve as lieutenant general and deputy chief of staff in Washington, which was announced last week.