Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed February 26, 2014
Volesky Promoted to Take McConville’s Position at Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense has named Brig. Gen. Gary Volesky as Fort Campbell’s new commanding general.
Volesky is being promoted to major general and currently serves as the public affairs chief for the Army in Washington, D.C.
Fort Campbell spokesperson Bob Jenkins says Volesky will relieve current commander Army Maj. Gen. James McConville, on a date to be determined. McConville is leaving to serve as lieutenant general and deputy chief of staff in Washington, which was announced last week.