Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed February 26, 2014
Volesky Promoted to Take McConville’s Position at Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense has named Brig. Gen. Gary Volesky as Fort Campbell’s new commanding general.
Volesky is being promoted to major general and currently serves as the public affairs chief for the Army in Washington, D.C.
Fort Campbell spokesperson Bob Jenkins says Volesky will relieve current commander Army Maj. Gen. James McConville, on a date to be determined. McConville is leaving to serve as lieutenant general and deputy chief of staff in Washington, which was announced last week.