Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 13, 2008
Violence Prevention Grants Awarded
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Nine western Kentucky counties will receive federal grants totaling more than 50 thousand dollars to fund violence prevention and substance abuse programs. The grant money will support local Champions Coalitions - made up of local leaders, educators, professionals and concerned citizens who work to provide area youth with safe and constructive alternatives to drug use. The funding comes from the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet.