Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Mon October 13, 2008
Violence Prevention Grants Awarded
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Nine western Kentucky counties will receive federal grants totaling more than 50 thousand dollars to fund violence prevention and substance abuse programs. The grant money will support local Champions Coalitions - made up of local leaders, educators, professionals and concerned citizens who work to provide area youth with safe and constructive alternatives to drug use. The funding comes from the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet.