Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu January 30, 2014
UT Martin Closes Fraternity After Denying Hazing Appeal
The University of Tennessee at Martin is shuttering a fraternity after denying a final appeal following a hazing incident.
Alpha Tau Omega's CEO says he has started the process to revoke the 50 year-old chapter's charter.
The shutdown stems from a November 7th alleged hazing incident in which a vehicle driven by Alpha Tau Omega members struck another member on a rural road.
University Chancellor Tom Rakes is hopeful the action will serve as notice that there will be serious consequences when inappropriate behaviors lead to life-threatening situations.