Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 30, 2014
UT Martin Closes Fraternity After Denying Hazing Appeal
The University of Tennessee at Martin is shuttering a fraternity after denying a final appeal following a hazing incident.
Alpha Tau Omega's CEO says he has started the process to revoke the 50 year-old chapter's charter.
The shutdown stems from a November 7th alleged hazing incident in which a vehicle driven by Alpha Tau Omega members struck another member on a rural road.
University Chancellor Tom Rakes is hopeful the action will serve as notice that there will be serious consequences when inappropriate behaviors lead to life-threatening situations.