Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu January 30, 2014
UT Martin Closes Fraternity After Denying Hazing Appeal
The University of Tennessee at Martin is shuttering a fraternity after denying a final appeal following a hazing incident.
Alpha Tau Omega's CEO says he has started the process to revoke the 50 year-old chapter's charter.
The shutdown stems from a November 7th alleged hazing incident in which a vehicle driven by Alpha Tau Omega members struck another member on a rural road.
University Chancellor Tom Rakes is hopeful the action will serve as notice that there will be serious consequences when inappropriate behaviors lead to life-threatening situations.