Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 27, 2009
USPS Using Fancy Farm Pigs Cancellation Stamp
Fancy Farm, KY – The U.S. Postal Service is giving a nod to the Fancy Farm Picnic. A special stamp cancellation featuring dancing pigs will be used for the first time to commemorate the "world's largest picnic" at St. Jerome Parish in Fancy Farm.
Officer in Charge Bobby Stokes created the design. Stokes says he wanted to include pigs on the cancellation to carry over the barbecue theme. Mail order requests for the special cancellations will be available for 30 days starting on August 1st.