Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed July 10, 2013
Usher to Run for Graves County Judge/Executive, As Smith Vacates
Mayfield business owner Dale Usher has announced he will run for Graves County Judge/Executive in 2014.
Current Judge/Executive Tony Smith will not run for re-election next year. Smith has held the position since 1986.
In a press release, Usher said he understands the many components needed for economic growth in Graves County, and believes one way to spur economic development is to rekindle interest in the Purchase Area Industrial Park.
Usher joins Donna Davenport and Mark Waggoner in the race, who have both filed with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance.