Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed July 10, 2013
Usher to Run for Graves County Judge/Executive, As Smith Vacates
Mayfield business owner Dale Usher has announced he will run for Graves County Judge/Executive in 2014.
Current Judge/Executive Tony Smith will not run for re-election next year. Smith has held the position since 1986.
In a press release, Usher said he understands the many components needed for economic growth in Graves County, and believes one way to spur economic development is to rekindle interest in the Purchase Area Industrial Park.
Usher joins Donna Davenport and Mark Waggoner in the race, who have both filed with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance.