Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon January 6, 2014
USEC Prepares for Winter Layoffs
As negotiations continue between the U.S. Department of Energy and GE Hitachi's Global Laser Enrichment for use of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant site, the United States Enrichment Corporation is preparing for another round of layoffs beginning at the end of this month.
USEC spokeswoman Georgann Lookofsky said 40 workers will be laid off at the end of January, with an additional 110 layoffs scheduled for February.
Since May, about 200 workers have been laid off by USEC. 80 employees have left on their own accord. Currently, there are still about 875 employees still working at the site.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Cold War Patriots