Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 6, 2014
USEC Prepares for Winter Layoffs
As negotiations continue between the U.S. Department of Energy and GE Hitachi's Global Laser Enrichment for use of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant site, the United States Enrichment Corporation is preparing for another round of layoffs beginning at the end of this month.
USEC spokeswoman Georgann Lookofsky said 40 workers will be laid off at the end of January, with an additional 110 layoffs scheduled for February.
Since May, about 200 workers have been laid off by USEC. 80 employees have left on their own accord. Currently, there are still about 875 employees still working at the site.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Cold War Patriots