Most Active Stories
- Murray State Ranked 9th Best Public University in the South
- MSU Faculty, Students Hold Second Demonstration to Address Issues of Racism
- Missing: Holly Bobo's Remains Found and Identified in Northwest TN
- CHART: Hopkins County School Board Boosts Property Taxes Among Highest County Districts in West KY
- VIDEO: First Round of Old Ledbetter Bridge Demolition Wraps Up
Mon January 6, 2014
USEC Prepares for Winter Layoffs
As negotiations continue between the U.S. Department of Energy and GE Hitachi's Global Laser Enrichment for use of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant site, the United States Enrichment Corporation is preparing for another round of layoffs beginning at the end of this month.
USEC spokeswoman Georgann Lookofsky said 40 workers will be laid off at the end of January, with an additional 110 layoffs scheduled for February.
Since May, about 200 workers have been laid off by USEC. 80 employees have left on their own accord. Currently, there are still about 875 employees still working at the site.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Cold War Patriots