Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 18, 2013
Use of Heroin Up in Paducah
Paducah authorities have seen a rise in heroin use in the city over the past year. Yesterday Paducah Police arrested 20 year old Jason A. Morris on suspicion of selling heroin. During a four month investigation into Morris' activities, Undercover officers purchased a total of 9 grams of heroin. The street value of the seized heroin totals more than $5,000.
"Hopefully, ultimately we’d like to cut heroin out of Paducah as well as the others, but that’s a long, hard road ahead." said Paducah Police Detective Nathan Young.
Young says the increase may be due to the change in prescription drug laws which make it more difficult for dealers to procure the necessary components to manufacture methamphetamine.