Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri January 18, 2013
Use of Heroin Up in Paducah
Paducah authorities have seen a rise in heroin use in the city over the past year. Yesterday Paducah Police arrested 20 year old Jason A. Morris on suspicion of selling heroin. During a four month investigation into Morris' activities, Undercover officers purchased a total of 9 grams of heroin. The street value of the seized heroin totals more than $5,000.
"Hopefully, ultimately we’d like to cut heroin out of Paducah as well as the others, but that’s a long, hard road ahead." said Paducah Police Detective Nathan Young.
Young says the increase may be due to the change in prescription drug laws which make it more difficult for dealers to procure the necessary components to manufacture methamphetamine.