Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Olmsted Lock and Dam
Fri April 20, 2012
US Army Corps of Engineers Reviews Olmsted Lock and Dam Project
Construction on the Olmsted Lock and Dam Project in Southern Illinois has been ongoing for 20 years, 13 years over schedule. Now a completion date is set for 2026. The final cost of the project will be almost 4 times the initial estimate. Shelly Baskin spoke with Project Engineer Richard Schipp on the problems plaguing the project and what lies ahead for the site.