Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Olmsted Lock and Dam
Fri April 20, 2012
US Army Corps of Engineers Reviews Olmsted Lock and Dam Project
Construction on the Olmsted Lock and Dam Project in Southern Illinois has been ongoing for 20 years, 13 years over schedule. Now a completion date is set for 2026. The final cost of the project will be almost 4 times the initial estimate. Shelly Baskin spoke with Project Engineer Richard Schipp on the problems plaguing the project and what lies ahead for the site.