Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Roads & Highways
Fri June 27, 2014
US 68/80 Traffic Delays Expected Monday
People planning to drive on US Highway 68/80 near the Eggners Ferry Bridge on Monday should plan for delays due to construction work on the new Lagoon Bridge.
A Kentucky Transportation Cabinet contractor will start a concrete deck pour at 4 a.m. on the new span at the west end of the Eggners Ferry construction site on Kentucky Lake. The contractor plans to finish work by noon.
No lane restriction will be required, but KYTC spokesperson Keith Todd says there will be a substantial amount of truck traffic as they come in and out of the site throughout the morning.
Motorists should expect slowing and stopped traffic at about the 28 mile marker. Todd says drivers should be cautious as they enter the area.