Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Roads & Highways
Fri June 27, 2014
US 68/80 Traffic Delays Expected Monday
People planning to drive on US Highway 68/80 near the Eggners Ferry Bridge on Monday should plan for delays due to construction work on the new Lagoon Bridge.
A Kentucky Transportation Cabinet contractor will start a concrete deck pour at 4 a.m. on the new span at the west end of the Eggners Ferry construction site on Kentucky Lake. The contractor plans to finish work by noon.
No lane restriction will be required, but KYTC spokesperson Keith Todd says there will be a substantial amount of truck traffic as they come in and out of the site throughout the morning.
Motorists should expect slowing and stopped traffic at about the 28 mile marker. Todd says drivers should be cautious as they enter the area.