Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sun September 15, 2013
Update: Victims Identified in Calloway County Fatal House Explosion
Update 7:56 P.M: The Kentucky State Police have identified those involved in the explosion.
The surviving victims of the house explosion are Marty Story, 54, of Murray, Melissa Mcleod, 41, of Hazel, Ira Greer, 60, of Almo, and Barbara Parker, 70, of Murray. The surviving victims remain in stable condition at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville, TN. The deceased has been identified as Kenneth Story, 72, of Murray.
Original Story: The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of a fatal house explosion that leveled a Calloway County home on Saturday night. Multiple law enforcement agencies arrived at the house on Cook Store Trail near Coldwater shortly after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor.
The Kentucky State Police report one man died inside the home. Four people were injured. The KSP are awaiting for identification of the deceased man following an autopsy planned for today. The injured are receiving treatment at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville.
The investigation, thus far, has centered on a liquid propane wall heater and potential LP gas leak as the cause of the explosion and resulting fire.