Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Sun September 15, 2013
Update: Victims Identified in Calloway County Fatal House Explosion
Update 7:56 P.M: The Kentucky State Police have identified those involved in the explosion.
The surviving victims of the house explosion are Marty Story, 54, of Murray, Melissa Mcleod, 41, of Hazel, Ira Greer, 60, of Almo, and Barbara Parker, 70, of Murray. The surviving victims remain in stable condition at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville, TN. The deceased has been identified as Kenneth Story, 72, of Murray.
Original Story: The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of a fatal house explosion that leveled a Calloway County home on Saturday night. Multiple law enforcement agencies arrived at the house on Cook Store Trail near Coldwater shortly after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor.
The Kentucky State Police report one man died inside the home. Four people were injured. The KSP are awaiting for identification of the deceased man following an autopsy planned for today. The injured are receiving treatment at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville.
The investigation, thus far, has centered on a liquid propane wall heater and potential LP gas leak as the cause of the explosion and resulting fire.