Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon August 4, 2014
UPDATE: Murray Police Apprehend Suspect in CVS Robbery
UPDATED 8/5/14 3:07 p.m.
The Murray Police Department has arrested Gary Vanderwerff in the CVS robbery. Police took the 62 year old into custody Tuesday without incident.
Vanderwerff is charged with with first degree robbery, a Class B felony and is lodged at the Calloway County Jail.
The Murray Police Department is seeking a suspect in a robbery of the local CVS pharmacy. MPD Crime Prevention Seargant Dave Howe says that approximately 4:20 p.m. officers responded to a reported robbery at the pharmacy located on 12th and Main Street.
Howe says the suspect entered the pharmacy, demanded medications, and threatened to use a gun if he did not receive them. Police say witnesses didn't see a gun. Police describe the suspect as a tall, heavy set middle aged white male wearing a Murray State University hat, button up denim sleeveless shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks, and black shoes.
If anyone has knowledge of the suspect in the attached picture, please call the Murray Police Department at (270)753-1621.