Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon August 4, 2014
UPDATE: Murray Police Apprehend Suspect in CVS Robbery
UPDATED 8/5/14 3:07 p.m.
The Murray Police Department has arrested Gary Vanderwerff in the CVS robbery. Police took the 62 year old into custody Tuesday without incident.
Vanderwerff is charged with with first degree robbery, a Class B felony and is lodged at the Calloway County Jail.
The Murray Police Department is seeking a suspect in a robbery of the local CVS pharmacy. MPD Crime Prevention Seargant Dave Howe says that approximately 4:20 p.m. officers responded to a reported robbery at the pharmacy located on 12th and Main Street.
Howe says the suspect entered the pharmacy, demanded medications, and threatened to use a gun if he did not receive them. Police say witnesses didn't see a gun. Police describe the suspect as a tall, heavy set middle aged white male wearing a Murray State University hat, button up denim sleeveless shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks, and black shoes.
If anyone has knowledge of the suspect in the attached picture, please call the Murray Police Department at (270)753-1621.