Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 30, 2012
Update on Eggner's Ferry Bridge
By Gary Pitts
Murray, KY – Specially trained divers working for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plan to be at the Eggner's Ferry Bridge first thing Tuesday to begin their underwater examination of Pier 6 and two other piers that support the bridge structure. Officials say the divers will not be placing monitoring sensors on the piers at this time, but if the piers have shifted, there should be evidence on the lake floor. On Saturday, the U.S. Coast Guard reopened a portion of the channel passing underneath the bridge to some commercial traffic. However, the agency continues to maintain a safety zone for one mile on either side of the bridge, where recreational traffic is not allowed.