Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 8, 2013
University of Kentucky Partnering to Establish Education Center
The University of Kentucky is partnering with two non-profit foundations to establish the National Center for Innovation in Education. With a focus on college and career readiness, the center will assist states in implementing the Common Core standards and helping students learn on a deeper level.
Gene Wilhoit will serve as executive director of the center. He says,
“Going to performance or mastery-based learning, developing an individualized learning program for every one of the students, beginning to think about how we provide better supports around students who need those supports, and putting technology at the center of the learning process.”
He most recently led the Council of Chief State School Officers and is a former Kentucky education commissioner. The National Center for Innovation in Education will be housed at UK’s Coldstream Research Campus and is funded through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.