Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 8, 2009
University of Kentucky graduates plane crash victim postumously
By Bryan Bartlett
Lexington, KY – UK plans to graduate one of the victims of Comair Flight 5191 postumously. Scarlett Parsley Hooker would have been scheduled to graduate this weekend had she not been on that flight. As graduate students of the University of Kentucky's College of Health Sciences receive their diplomas on Saturday, they will pause to remember and honor a classmate whose life was cut short by the Comair Flight 5191 tragedy. Kentucky Public Radio's Bryan Bartlett has the story.