Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon January 21, 2013
United Way, FamilyWize Save Families Money on Prescriptions
Western Kentucky families are saving money on medications that could cut down on health care costs long term thanks to a partnership between two organizations and local pharmacies. The United Way of Murray/Calloway County and FamilyWize provide a free prescription discount card that can be used at most pharmacies. The FamilyWize card can save families up to 75 percent on their medications.
Since the partnership started, the FamilyWize card has saved people in the area almost $50,000 on prescription costs. United Way of Murray/Calloway County Executive Director Aaron Dail says the low-cost access to an initial prescription may help to offset future complications if a patient doesn't take steps to treat the first illness.
More information about the FamilyWize card can be found here.