Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue December 11, 2012
United Health Foundation Ranks Kentucky 44th Healthiest State
The United Health Foundation has again ranked Kentucky among the nation’s most unhealthy states. The foundation’s annual America’s Health Rankings put Kentucky at 44th healthiest, the same as last year’s findings.
The commonwealth has the nation’s highest adult smoking rate, with nearly a third of adults lighting up. Kentucky also has the highest rates of preventable hospitalizations.
The state fared well in some other health factors, with low instances of binge drinking and violent crime.
Vermont is the nation's healthiest state, according to the report. Louisiana and Mississippi tied for the unhealthiest.