Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu April 5, 2012
Union City Democrat to Run for 24th District Seat
Three candidates for Northern Tennessee’s 24th Senatorial District seat have filed petition to run for the office in August. Martin Community Development Director Brad Thompson is the sole Democrat on the ballot. Thompson says he wants to bring compromise to the position.
“You know there’s enough of the partisan bickering. I want to work with both parties to make progress on what matters. I’ll consider a good idea from anybody. Good ideas are just that: a good idea, and they don’t come with party labels.”
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers will seek the seat on the Republican ticket. John Stevens of Huntington will also run as a Republican. Neither were available for comment. Dresden Democrat Roy Herron announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election after holding the position for 16 years.