Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 23, 2009
Unemployment Rates in Montgomery Better
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Unemployment rates in Montgomery County, Tennessee are slowly improving. The projections show the number of those without jobs is down to 9% in August, which ranks the county the 9th lowest in the state. The area is still no where near pre-recessionary rates last year, which was just under 7%. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports rates in neighboring Christian and Trigg counties in Kentucky have risen to 13.5%.