Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue March 4, 2014
Understanding Bitcoin's Rise and Fall... and Rise?
The virtual currency Bitcoin has been on a media rollercoaster since its introduction in 2009. Recently, the world's largest Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox filed for bankruptcy, leaving half a billion dollars potentially gone. This news comes on the heels of the Chinese government announcing that exchanges were banned from using the Yuan. Nevertheless, Bitcoin may still be the currency of the future. Murray State's Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business faculty member Sunayan Acharya joins Kate Lochte on Sounds Good to explain the headlines and what the future may have in store for the digital currency.