Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue March 4, 2014
Understanding Bitcoin's Rise and Fall... and Rise?
The virtual currency Bitcoin has been on a media rollercoaster since its introduction in 2009. Recently, the world's largest Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox filed for bankruptcy, leaving half a billion dollars potentially gone. This news comes on the heels of the Chinese government announcing that exchanges were banned from using the Yuan. Nevertheless, Bitcoin may still be the currency of the future. Murray State's Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business faculty member Sunayan Acharya joins Kate Lochte on Sounds Good to explain the headlines and what the future may have in store for the digital currency.