Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 19, 2012
UK Reconsidering Campus Alcohol Policy
With lingering concerns about the University of Kentucky's alcohol policy coming to light in recent meetings between UK and surrounding neighborhoods, UK President Eli Capilouto says he's willing to reexamine the rules, which banned alcohol on campus 14 years ago.
With more student renting houses off campus and a move underway to build new residence halls and enhance existing facilities, university spokesperson Jay Blanton says the timing is right to take a closer look at UK's relationship with nearby neighborhoods.