Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed September 19, 2012
UK Reconsidering Campus Alcohol Policy
With lingering concerns about the University of Kentucky's alcohol policy coming to light in recent meetings between UK and surrounding neighborhoods, UK President Eli Capilouto says he's willing to reexamine the rules, which banned alcohol on campus 14 years ago.
With more student renting houses off campus and a move underway to build new residence halls and enhance existing facilities, university spokesperson Jay Blanton says the timing is right to take a closer look at UK's relationship with nearby neighborhoods.