Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 5, 2012
UK faculty senate says Capilouto spending led to budget crisis
The University of Kentucky Faculty Senate says UK President Eli Capilouto's fifty million dollars in new spending following a round of layoffs this summer has created a budget crisis. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports the group sent a memo to Capilouto Thursday acknowledging dwindling state support while allegin the UK president's budget priorities have led to the crisis. Capilouto says he set those priorities after consultations with the Board of Trustees and the UK community. University officials announced 140 layoffs in June, the first in UK's history. They say another round of cuts will be decided upon before January 2013.