Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Wed November 7, 2012
U. S. 45 Road Work Expected Over Next Several Months
Drivers could encounter road work near Mayfield over the next several months as crews widen a portion of U. S. 45 to four lanes. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says the half-mile roadway creates a constant bottleneck problem for the 11,000 vehicles that use it each day.
Todd says utility line work must wrap up before road work can begin in earnest. Widening could be finished by late spring or early summer next year. The cost is $4.5 million.