Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Roads & Highways
Wed November 7, 2012
U. S. 45 Road Work Expected Over Next Several Months
Drivers could encounter road work near Mayfield over the next several months as crews widen a portion of U. S. 45 to four lanes. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says the half-mile roadway creates a constant bottleneck problem for the 11,000 vehicles that use it each day.
Todd says utility line work must wrap up before road work can begin in earnest. Widening could be finished by late spring or early summer next year. The cost is $4.5 million.