Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Roads & Highways
Wed November 7, 2012
U. S. 45 Road Work Expected Over Next Several Months
Drivers could encounter road work near Mayfield over the next several months as crews widen a portion of U. S. 45 to four lanes. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says the half-mile roadway creates a constant bottleneck problem for the 11,000 vehicles that use it each day.
Todd says utility line work must wrap up before road work can begin in earnest. Widening could be finished by late spring or early summer next year. The cost is $4.5 million.