Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Roads & Highways
Wed November 7, 2012
U. S. 45 Road Work Expected Over Next Several Months
Drivers could encounter road work near Mayfield over the next several months as crews widen a portion of U. S. 45 to four lanes. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says the half-mile roadway creates a constant bottleneck problem for the 11,000 vehicles that use it each day.
Todd says utility line work must wrap up before road work can begin in earnest. Widening could be finished by late spring or early summer next year. The cost is $4.5 million.