Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Roads & Highways
Wed November 7, 2012
U. S. 45 Road Work Expected Over Next Several Months
Drivers could encounter road work near Mayfield over the next several months as crews widen a portion of U. S. 45 to four lanes. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says the half-mile roadway creates a constant bottleneck problem for the 11,000 vehicles that use it each day.
Todd says utility line work must wrap up before road work can begin in earnest. Widening could be finished by late spring or early summer next year. The cost is $4.5 million.